This morning, the City of Knoxville and Knox County held a joint 9/11 Memorial Service to honor those who lost their lives during the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.
For more information, please visit here.
CAMA Update - Brick By Brick Pre-Game on the Strip a success!
The Cumberland Avenue Merchants Association held the first ever block party on Cumberland Avenue on September 5th from 2-4 PM in advance of the UT vs. Bowling Green game that was held in Nashville, TN. This family friendly event had a welcome from Mayor Rogero and 30 different merchants and groups provided booths with food, fun and games!
For more about the event, check out this link.
Thanks to CAMA, Merle FM and City of Knoxville for sponsoring this fun event!
Oh, and if you didn't get your t-shirt at the event, this historic souvenir can still be purchased for $5 at University Liquors and Copper Cellar - but don't wait, there are limited quantities! Thanks to Becky Rehorn at Vaughn & Melton for the design and Debbie Billings at Graphic Creations for printing these awesome shirts!
It's Football Time in Tennessee!
And if you're planning to attend the big game #23 UT vs. #19 Oklahoma, visit www.cumberlandconnect.com and keep these tips in mind.
1) Plan ahead - take time to plan your route and parking destination. On campus parking will be limited to parking permit holders.
2) Leave early and bring your patience - give yourself extra time to get to your destination and avoid the stress of a last minute arrival; security at the game will take time so be prepared to arrive early so you don't miss kick off; please be patient as there are lots of construction projects on going in and around campus.
3) Use KAT shuttles if you want to avoid congestion and driving stress.
4) Visit the Cumberland Avenue Merchants - they need your support during construction; walk over and patronize your favorite spots; coupons are available on the Cumberland Connect App!
5) Have fun and be safe! Go Vols!